Valcartier, Quebec, 1914. Item #99-7881
Medal 1.5 x 1.5", silvered bronze with bronze gilt inserted centerpiece, pinback 1.5 x 5", silvered bronze. Both pieces have some wear and rubbing else very good condition. Pinback lacks one connecting ring, pin maybe a replacement. The medal's obverse has a center section showing a soldier with rifle, coming out from the center are five panels each showing a different image: crossed cannons, crossed swords, horn, anchor and crossed rifles. The reverse has the Lord's Prayer in tiny lettering. The pinback hanger is inscribed "Canada". On August 10, 1914 Canadian government established Valcartier Camp to train soldiers for the Canadian Expeditionary Force.