Detroit, (1912?). Item #99-5946
Oblong 5.5 x 2.75" with sliding lid on top. Box has light wear, pencil name on cover, remnants of paper labels, green Benjamin Franklin stamp postmarked Detroit, optical company lettering bright and sharp, very good condition. Albert E. Charlesworth started Charlesworth Optical Company in Detroit in 1898. In 1912 his company was consolidated with two other optical companies, Wolverine and Kennedy. The "new" company name was Wolverine Optical Company and he became its president.