(Detroit), (1920s? 1930s?). Item #99-3944
Sugar and creamer: 2.5 x 2.75", stamped on bottoms: "silver on copper" and the Seward "S", bottom edges have a decorative rope pattern, handles have a vine pattern, scratches, light pitting, stamping faint else good to very good. Fork: 6.25", stamped "S" on the handle's front and on the reverse "Carlton Silverplate", scratches, rubbing else good to very good. The Seward Hotel, located at the corner of Woodward Ave. and Seward, was built in 1925. A ten-story building with luxury apartments, it had a lounge and bar on the first floor for its residents. In 1934 it started offering apartments in addition to hotel rooms. Over time, it encountered financial difficulties, was renamed "Wellington Place" and is now vacant awaiting extensive renovation. Sold as a lot.