Stock Certificate for 10 Shares of the Flint & Pere Marquette Railway Co. of Michigan.

East Saginaw, 1889. Item #99-1753

Printed by the American Bank Note Company., NY. Oblong 7 x 11, vignette, brown on cream background. Left margin toned, light creasing, cancellation marks including one small box punched out on left margin. Vignette shows a rural scene of an engine and tender crossing over a stone bridge. Certificate is addressed to Jackson Curtis and is signed by Wm. W. Crapo (son of former Michigan governor Henry H. Crapo) as the company president and H. (Henry) C. Potter as secretary. The Flint and Pere Marquette Railway Co. was chartered in 1857 with construction starting in 1859 in East Saginaw, Michigan. The line was established to offer service from Flint to Lake Michigan to an area which is now known as Ludington.

Price: $25.00

See all items in AMERICANA
See all items by