Stock Certificate for 2 Shares of the Flint & Pere Marquette Railway Co. of Michigan.

East Saginaw, 1874. Item #99-1750

Printed by Henry Seibert & Bros., NY. Oblong 6.75 x 10, vignette, green on cream background. Left margin cropped and toned, scattered spotting, light fold creases, cancelled. Vignette shown an engine and cars on an embankment, a roundhouse to the left and buildings to the right. Certificate is addressed to Henry Williams and is signed by Samuel Farwell as the company president and H. (Harry) C. Potter as secretary. The Flint and Pere Marquette Railway Co. was chartered in 1857 with construction starting in 1859 in East Saginaw, Michigan. The line was established to offer service from Flint to Lake Michigan to an area which is now known as Ludington.

Price: $22.50

See all items in AMERICANA
See all items by