Krasnystaw (Poland), 1940. Item #98-3848
Oblong, 7 x 8.75, graph? paper. Removal marks, creasing else good. The town of Krasnystaw was invaded by Germans in September 1939 and not long afterward the citizens living in the center of town were relocated (supposedly because the Nazis needed more space) to a smaller, less desirable area on the edge of town that didn't have electricity. Residents of ghettos still needed to work but needed a document like this one to verify their qualifications. This document had been on display at the New England Holocaust Museum.