Columbiaville, nd (late 19th c. Item #98-2735
Chromolithograph on the front of white and purple violets and done by Donaldson Brothers, NY. Oblong 2.75 x 4.25, light creasing, soiling, staining, ink # and pencil erasures and light rubbing on the reverse. Front of the card reads: Use Lautz Bros. and Co's. Pure Healthy Soaps. 'Best in the Market.' " Back of the card gives instructions on sending in soap wrappers in order to obtain a set of "Picture Cards." Columbiaville, in Lapeer County, Michigan, was first settled in 1847. By 1863, it had 150 residents and some of the businesses included a hotel, saw mill, general store, saloon and carriage maker. It became a villagein 1879.