Ironwood, nd (1930s?). Item #96-7632
Light wear, faint scratches to Memorial Bldg. Shows the front of the post office with cars parked in front; the Memorial Bldg. is a large, lovely structure with people walking by its Palladian windows; and finally the high school is shown with its highly decorative front entrance. Ironwood, in Gogebic County, was first settled in 1889 as the commercial center of the Gogebic iron mining district and was named for James R. "Iron" Wood. Printed by the L.L. Cook & Co., Milwaukee, the print numbers are located on the front of the cards. All for. .