np (East Lansing), 1911. Hardcover. Very Good. Item #21-0593
Maker stamp "C.J. Mayer Indpls". Silver colored metal, shield-shaped with a slit at the top for a ribbon, 2 x 1". Scratches, pitting, lacks ribbon else good. The college offered a two year short course, in the winter, making it easier for the sons and daughters of farmers to leave home to pursue an education. There were no entrance requirements for these courses. One of the classes offered was in "Breaking Colts" which trained the students how to properly harness animals and get them used to pulling wagons. The school operated under Michigan Agricultural College from 1909 to 1925 when it became Michigan State College and eventually Michigan State University. SCARCE ephemera.