HOME
TERMS
ABOUT US
LOGIN
CONTACT US
HOURS & DIRECTIONS
ADVANCED SEARCH
BROWSE

0 Items

***

Cup and saucer from Detroit's Brodhead Naval Armory [Detroit Naval Armory]

(Detroit) (1952) Staffordshire, Shenango Pottery 0-10, New Castle, PA. Cup 2.5 x 3.75", "Brodhead Naval Armory" inside cup, saucer 5.5", both cream with dark blue stamping of Staffordshire Shenango on the bottoms. Good condition. The Detroit Naval Armory, designed by William B. Stratton, opened in 1930. It served as a training facility and it also hosted special events ie. Joe Louis' first ever bout, rally for presidential candidate Franklin D. Roosevelt, dances, auto shows, sporting events. The facility was renamed the R. Thornthon Brodhead Armory in 1947 after its first and longtime commander Captain R. Brodhead Thornton. In 1994 it was placed on the National Register of Historic Places and closed in 2004. Currently it is abandoned and awaits major TLC.


Book Id: 99-4428

Price: $35.00

privacy policy | security | Site Map | Site by Bibliopolis