0 Items


Group of five items from the Hotel Tuller, Detroit: plate with image of hotel in the center, menu, wine list, teaspoon and pickle fork, c. 1914-1930s.

Detroit c 1914-1930s. Plate: Lamberton China, 11", colorful image of the hotel showing it with the 1914 addition, pedestrians, an early vehicle and part of Grand Circus Park are shown, white edged with blue and a decorative floral pattern, light wear and scratches, paint marks on reverse else very good. Menu: 10 x 6.25, cream with a sailboat on front, 4 pages including covers, light soiling and creasing, wear along spine else good/very good, c. 1930s. Wine list: 9 x 5.5, cream with colorful images of two waiters carrying trays of liquor and glasses, 12 pages plus covers, printed by F.M.. Howell & Co., Elmira, NY, creased, soiling, toning, pinhole on front, removal marks on back else good, c. 1930s. Teaspoon: stamped "Tuller" on top of the handle and "The American Silver Co. sectional" on the back, 6", end of handle square, not decorative, some wear and scratches, will need cleaning else good, 1930s?. Pickle fork: stamped "Hotel Tuller" on front of handle and on back "W.R." with markings on either side (William Rogers, half plate flatware), 6.25", end of handle rounded, not decorative, scratches and wear, will need cleaning else good. The Hotel Tuller, designed by Lew Tuller, opened in 1906 with nine floors, four more added in 1917. It bordered Adams, Bagley and Park streets and was across from Grand Circus Park. This once popular hotel, demolished in 1992, was known as the "Grand Dame of Grand Circus Park." A total of five items, sold as a lot.

Book Id: 99-3629

Price: $150.00

privacy policy | security | Site Map | Site by Bibliopolis