HOME
TERMS
ABOUT US
LOGIN
CONTACT US
HOURS & DIRECTIONS
ADVANCED SEARCH
BROWSE

0 Items

***

Stock certificate for 100 shares for the Armitage Enamel Leather Co. of Detroit

Detroit (1911-1912) Printed by the Richmond Backus Co., Detroit. Oblong 8.5 x 15", orange, vignette of a seated woman holding a wreath of flowers. Blank, removal marks in left margin, right margin heavily toned, light creasing and chipping else very good. Armitage Enamel Leather Company organized in 1911 with four partners: Walter S. Gurd, Gurd Accounting Firm, E.S. Barbour and R.B. Gillespie of the Michigan Stove Company and Edwin Armitage, expert tanner. In 1912 the company was incorporated with $10,000 capital stock to manufacture imitation leather and they displayed this leather in various colors and the 12th annual Detroit Auto Show. The word "Enamel" was dropped from the title in 1913 and they moved to larger headquarters at 621-623 W. Fort St. where they expanded their production of leather particularly suited to motor car seats. By 1914, the company specialized in satin finish leathers in blended colors. Downsizing in 1915, the company moved to 38-40 Sherman. Still in business in 1916 but not listed in the 1919 city directory.


Book Id: 99-3445

Price: $20.00

privacy policy | security | Site Map | Site by Bibliopolis