HOME
TERMS
ABOUT US
LOGIN
CONTACT US
HOURS & DIRECTIONS
ADVANCED SEARCH
BROWSE

0 Items

***

Brochure "Here's Our Bond of Friendship to Visitors to Detroit a Hearty Welcome from Hotel Detroiter."

Detroit nd (1940s?) Illustr, 9 x 4, unpag (4 pages including covers). Heavily stained and soiled, edge tears, creasing. Front cover has an illustr of the hotel, inside it shows the main lobby, coffee shop and a "typical room;" back cover is map of the surrounding area. The hotel, designed by Louis Kamper's son Paul, was built in 1926 and was known as the Hotel Savoy, then the Hotel LaSalle and in 1931 the Detroiter Hotel. More changes in store when in the 1950s it became a senior housing facility called Carmel Hall, run by the Carmelite Sisters.. One more final change came in 1996 when is was imploded; the site now has new townhouses. Scarce bit of memorabilia. Sold as is.


Book Id: 99-3195

Price: $22.50

privacy policy | security | Site Map | Site by Bibliopolis