HOME
TERMS
ABOUT US
LOGIN
CONTACT US
HOURS & DIRECTIONS
ADVANCED SEARCH
BROWSE

0 Items

***

Rectangular Glass Paperweight with the photographic image of the "Peninsular Savings Bank 40 Fort St. West Detroit, Mich." [George W. Lloyd].

Detroit nd (1882?) Made by Barnes and Abrams Co, Syracuse, NY. 4 x 2.5, backed with milk glass. Couple of tiny nicks, else very good. Image is sharp and clear. The Peninsular Savings Bank building had been the original home of the CJ Whitney piano store which was designed by Gordon W. Lloyd. Lloyd was also responsible for designing buildings for other Detroit companies: Edson, Moore & Company, DM Ferry warehouse, Palms Block was well as homes of prominent Detroiters and churches such as the Central Methodist Episcopal Church. The original building is no more; the property is part of Detroit's Penobscot Building.


Book Id: 99-2660

Price: $50.00

privacy policy | security | Site Map | Site by Bibliopolis