0 Items


Personal and Professional b&w Photographs of the staff, campers and activities of Camp Kieve, Nobleboro, Maine, 1947-1949.

Nobleboro 1947-1949. These are personal and professional photographs on 16 detached album pages 2.5 x 2.5 to 8 x 10 and loose professional photographs 5 x 7 to 8 x 10. Album pages are creased, torn, photographs (which are notated) have light soiling/creasing, loose photographs have light curling, a few have light staining, edge toning. 90 photos, approximately 2/3 of Camp Kieve, the remainder are family or of Taft School (of which there are two photo postcards). Shown in the camp photos are the Chapal Cross, Innisfree, tennis bangboard, fire tower on Alagash Mountain, jigger shop, Harris Hall, rifle range, field house, baseball field, Kennedy Dam, swimmers & campers, etc.; most of the photos have either the camp name or the name of the previous owner on the back. One particularly nice photo shwos a small group posed alongside an International pick-up truck. Some of the photographs feature the camp's founder, Uncle Don Kennedy and his son, Dick. One group photo of young male campers, dated 1947, is signed on the back by various people including Uncle Don, Aunt Harriet (Uncle Don Kennedy's wife), Dick Kennedy and "Uncle Crewcut" Don Kennedy Jr. Camp Kieve was founded in 1926 as a summer camp for boys on a peninsula in Damariscotta Lake. Sold as a lot.

Book Id: 99-1223

Price: $195.00

privacy policy | security | Site Map | Site by Bibliopolis