HOME
TERMS
ABOUT US
LOGIN
CONTACT US
HOURS & DIRECTIONS
ADVANCED SEARCH
BROWSE

0 Items

****

Rectangular Glass Paperweight showing the Image of "Peninsular Savings Bank. 40 Fort St. West Detroit, Mich." [CJ Whitney]

Barnes and Abrams Co.: Syracuse, NY nd (1903) 4 x 2.5, backed with white milk glass. Scratches and chipping to top surface, small abrasion on reverse which wore off some numbers ? (prior to the name Barnes is "& 182," before the &?). Else good to very good. The Peninsular Savings Bank building was designed by Gordon W. Lloyd and built in 1874. It was originally the headquarters for the CJ Whitney piano store and also housed the Detroit Conservatory of Music. Mr. Whitney died in ealry 1903 so around that time period the building was acquired by the Peninsular Savings Bank, later known as the Peninsular State Savings Bank. Barnes and Abrams Co. was one of the three top manufacturers of glass paperweights; their white milk glass backed paperweights were made between the 1880s to mid 1920s. Scarce.


Book Id: 99-0863

Price: $50.00

privacy policy | security | Site Map | Site by Bibliopolis