HOME
TERMS
ABOUT US
LOGIN
CONTACT US
HOURS & DIRECTIONS
ADVANCED SEARCH
BROWSE

0 Items

****

Complimentary Ticket, dated 1906, for the Clark Mineral Spring Bath House, corner of Fort Street and Clark Ave., Detroit.

Detroit 1906 Oblong 2.5 x 4.5, photo image of bath house in the upper right corner. Stained, cresed, torn, recipient's name so faded as to be illegible, ticket back has become unglued from front. Clark's Riverside Mineral Springs Bath House (as it was also known) opened in July 1889 by Alvin S. Clark to take advantage of the mineral spring that was at the corner of Fort St. and Clark Ave. The building contained 48 bath rooms, with all the comfort and modernity that a patient would desire. From "Detroit In History and Commerce:" "Analysis of the waters gives them estimable curative properties, especially in the treatment of rheumatism, skin disease, blood poisoning, female diseases, neuralgia, dyspepsia, catarrhal and kidney troubles." Scarce ephemera. Sold as is.


Book Id: 98-6343

Price: $50.00

privacy policy | security | Site Map | Site by Bibliopolis