HOME
TERMS
ABOUT US
LOGIN
CONTACT US
HOURS & DIRECTIONS
ADVANCED SEARCH
BROWSE

0 Items

****

Port Huron & Milwaukee Railway Company Two Hundred Pounds Sterling Mortgage Bond, 1856. S.D. Elwood & Co. Stationers, Detroit. Lith of W. Flet & Co. NY.

Upper vignette is of the state seal of Michigan and flanked by two seated women, lower vignette is of a locomotive and cars, side vignettes are of a locomotive and a canal w/canal boat, 19 x 17 including coupons, black and white. Light creasing and spotting, light toning along crease folds, a few coupons unevenly removed. Signed the company president (name illegible) and secretary H.P. Sanger who also signed all the coupons. H. (Henry) P. Sanger also worked for financier N.P. Stewart at the Michigan Insurance Bank; Steward was only until recently the president of the Detroit & Pontiac Railway. Stock certificate indicates that payee is Henry K. Sanger who works as a clerk in Michigan Insurance Bank (along with H.P. Sanger). The Port Huron & Milwaukee Railway Company organized in 1855, issued stock in Great Britain in 1857 and in early 1859 was sold to the Detroit & Milwaukee Railway. In 1860, Detroit & Milwaukee went into foreclosure, further dooming the Port Huron & Milwaukee which was sold at foreclosure sale in 1862 to the Port Huron & Lake Michigan Rail Road Company and that was the final end to this short-lived railway company.


Book Id: 98-6278

Price: $195.00

privacy policy | security | Site Map | Site by Bibliopolis