HOME
TERMS
ABOUT US
LOGIN
CONTACT US
HOURS & DIRECTIONS
ADVANCED SEARCH
BROWSE

0 Items

****

Original 1920s b&w Photo of a Standard Flatbed Truck loaded with bricks and parked in front of a semi-detached house located at 62/66 E. Canfield St. in Detroit plus a closeup photo of its wheel.

np (Detroit) nd (1920s) No photog listed, most likely from a commercial photography studio since it has a linen-backed tab attached to the left margin, 10.75 x 7.5 including tab. Light soiling, creasing and chipping, small ink smudge else good/very good. The photos do not indicate location but they came from the archive of an old rim and wheel company in Detroit (which explains the closeup of the wheel). The posts of the porches have new addresses attached, only one of the houses has the original street number visible which is 62 E. Canfield, original house number of 30. Detroit renumbered all its addresses in 1920 and buildings carried both the old and new numbers. According to the 1920 Detroit city directory, E. Canfield is the only match for these two addresses. This house (now a parking lot) was located between Woodward Ave. and Brush St. On one side ws a Firestone Tire & Rubber dealer and the other was General Auto Sales, neither of which can really be seen. Detroit was going through a housing boom so seeing a truck loaded with bricks would not have been unusual. Sold as a pair.


Book Id: 98-5559

Price: $95.00

privacy policy | security | Site Map | Site by Bibliopolis