HOME
TERMS
ABOUT US
LOGIN
CONTACT US
HOURS & DIRECTIONS
ADVANCED SEARCH
BROWSE

0 Items

****

Lincoln Motor Company temporary certificate for 100 Class A shares, January 30, 1920. [signed by W.C. Leland, W.T. Nash].

Detroit 1920 Oblong 9.75 x 13.5, green. Cancelled, light creasing, else good. Lincoln Motor company, owned by Henry M. Leland and his son Wilfred C. Leland, originally made aircraft engines. After the end of WWI, the company reorganized in January of 1920 in order to manufacture the Lincoln auto. Expected to be on sale by April, 1920, the cars were not ready until September, well after the main buying periods were over. Financial difficulties ensued when sales did not meet expectations. The company went into receivership on Nov. 8, 1921, and secret talks began a few weeks later with Henry Ford. On Feb. 4, 1922, Henry Ford bought the Lincoln Motor Company. Certificate is issued to J.W. Orr, and transferred to the Lincoln Motor Company. STOCK CERTIFICATE SIGNED BY W.C. LELAND AS VICE PRESIDENT AND W.T. NASH AS TREASURER.


Book Id: 98-4175

Price: $50.00

privacy policy | security | Site Map | Site by Bibliopolis