HOME
TERMS
ABOUT US
LOGIN
CONTACT US
HOURS & DIRECTIONS
ADVANCED SEARCH
BROWSE

0 Items

****

Mortgage dated 1868 between John H. and Fidelia Welles of Brandon Township, sellers, and William L. Narrin of Groveland Township, buyer for Lot 68 in Ortonville, Michigan.

Oakland County, Michigan. 1868 Printed form 13 x 8", 50 cents conveyance stamp affixed to upper left corner. Fold creases, soiling, chipping, small tears, some spotting, lacking the tip of one corner else good. Land was one-fifth of an acre and platted by Harvey Parke. Form was notarized by Hiram Bell who was part of the group of men who platted Ortonville in 1866. Fidelia Welles signs her name as Phidelia Welles. In the 1870s there was a blacksmith in Ortonville named J.H. Wells (with no "e"). Ortonville was founded in 1838 by Amos Orton, and became a village in 1902.


Book Id: 98-1669

Price: $20.00

privacy policy | security | Site Map | Site by Bibliopolis