HOME
TERMS
ABOUT US
LOGIN
CONTACT US
HOURS & DIRECTIONS
ADVANCED SEARCH
BROWSE

0 Items

****

Cabinet Card showing the home of former Governor John J. Bagley.

np (Detroit) nd (1880s?) Oblong 10 x 7, no photographer listed, edges are gilt trimmed. Light wear and soiling, one corner bumped else good/very good condition. Designed in the Italianate style, it was once located in the Grand Circus area of downtown Detroit at the corner of Washington Blvd. and Park Ave. It was the first instance of Michigan plate glass being used in the windows of a house. Built in 1869, it was torn down and replaced by Statler Hotel in 1914. Comes with a page removed from the "Architectural Review" showing the Bagley Fountain which was located at Woodward Ave. and Fort St. Gov. Bagley provided funds in his will for the construction of a fountain to be built on the city square, Campus Martius. Shown in the background is the Detroit Opera House and Boulevard and Fort Wayne streetcar. On the reverse is the image of Chamber of Commerce Building. Page is creased. From the estate of John D. Bagley, the Governor's son. The pair:


Book Id: 97-9182

Price: $95.00

privacy policy | security | Site Map | Site by Bibliopolis